We are searching for an apprentice with passion and enthusiasm to work within our existing IT and Web teams based in our Keswick office. Working with and learning from both the Webs Team and the IT Engineers, the apprentice will obtain a broad understanding of working life in a successful IT company. You will be given the opportunity to learn and develop web design/development skills and also general IT support skills.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in excelling in the IT / Webs industry, have excellent communication skills, be excited to learn new skills and be eager to experiment as the industry continues to evolve.
Duties to include
- Field incoming support queries from customers and log jobs into our internal helpdesk for the appropriate department.
- Assist and learn from the Webs Team:
o Handle customer support queries related to websites.
o Assist with website updates and maintenance.
o Interpret client briefs and convert design concepts into working websites.
- Assist and learn from the IT Engineers:
o Support a wide range of desktops, servers and networks from small to medium sized businesses.
o Fulfil ad-hoc domestic support when required.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to learn new skills and experiment with technologies.
- Capability to take direction as part of the team.
- Good communication skills: face-to-face, telephone and email.
- A knowledge of current HTML and CSS standards.
- Experience with recent Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems and platforms e.g. Windows 7/8/10, Office 365.
- Mobile device configuration for email on Android, iPhone, Windows Phone.
- Responsive Website Design – focusing on mobile devices.
- Able to use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator or similar design packages.
- Resolving cross browser design issues.
- Experience with Server Operating Systems and platforms, e.g. Server 2008/2012R2, SBS 2008/2011.
- Email marketing – using MailChimp or similar systems.
- Social networking, primarily Twitter and Facebook.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- PHP or other programming languages.
- Linux hosting solutions.
- Logo and brand design.
- Graphic design: brochures, business cards, leaflets and posters.
Keswick Computer Solutions (KCS) is an established IT and Website Development Company nestled in the heart of the Lake District. We are a company of ten employees who strive to look after both customers and staff whilst providing a large range of services covering managed services contracts, servers and network installations, wired and wireless networks, domestic IT support, website design, development and hosting.
To register your interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org