We are an established IT and Website Development Company nestled in the heart of the Lake District. KCS consists of a friendly and incredibly talented team based in a tardis-like-office in Keswick, with some pretty spectacular views of Skiddaw.
If you feel you may have the skills and expertise to fit in with our team of talented engineers, developers and designers, then please get in touch by completing the contact form below or emailing us your C.V.
Please see below the vacancies currently available within the KCS team. If you would like to apply for this job, or would like us to keep your CV on file should any future roles arise, please send us your CV.
Second Line IT Support Engineer
An opportunity has arisen for Second Line (2 nd ) IT Support Engineer working in and around the beautiful English Lake District.
We are a company of ten employees who strive to look after both customers and staff whilst providing a large range of services covering managed services contracts, servers and network installations, wired and wireless networks, web site design and hosting throughout Cumbria, the Scottish Borders and Lancaster areas.
A managed services/ IT support company is a special type of company. Unlike a network administrator who may get to perform one network upgrade every three years, our team of engineers perform multiple network upgrade projects every year. It is therefore essential that our engineers keep current with the latest Microsoft solutions and can complete these network projects on time and budget. Because of this there is a preference for candidates who have recently worked at a managed service company or have at least performed, or been involved in, recent Microsoft deployments of Server products, Office 365, Exchange, Remote Desktop Services, SQL etc.
Role Overview & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a talented engineer to assist the team in installing and supporting a wide range of servers and networks from small to medium sized businesses whilst keeping up to date with IT technologies. The role would be ideal for a small business IT generalist.
Duties to include:
- Implementation and support of Windows Server and Desktop infrastructures, including associated networks / backup solutions and cloud solutions when required as directed by 3 rd Line engineers.
- Contract and ad-hoc incident/change support for our client base involving support to our clients via telephone, remote and on-site methods.
- Development of assigned SLA customers both from an internal processes / documentation perspective and dealing with new client requests including yearly analysis of existing contracts.
- Daily management of your own helpdesk queue, following up of assigned jobs and ensuring all personal time is logged accurately.
- Scheduled weekly monitoring of assigned SLA customer servers and networks in a proactive manner to supplement our 24x7 monitoring systems.
- Logging of jobs via phone and email into the helpdesk system, escalating when required.
- Ensuring all documentation, tickets and configurations are fully updated.
- At least two years of Microsoft server level IT experience, previous desktop support
- experience will also be taken into consideration.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills that range from overall network diagnostics to Active Directory synchronisation and mail flow issues.
- Experience with Server 2008 R2 / 2012 onwards, Exchange 2010 onwards, Office 365, Hyper-V, Active Directory.
- Exposure to server hardware with hands on working knowledge of RAID controllers etc.
- Knowledge of IP networks including Routing, Firewalls, DNS, DHCP, Wireless network planning and implementation, WAN connections including ADSL, VDSL and leased lines.
- Knowledge in one of the popular firewall brands – Draytek, Fortinet, Sonicwall, Cisco, etc.
- Experience in backup, business continuity and disaster recovery solutions.
- Mobile device configuration for email on Android, iPhone, Windows Phone.
- Experience with Remote Desktop Services, SBS 2011/2008
- Advanced networking experience including VPNs, VLANs etc.
- Knowledge of Datto, Veeam, ShadowProtect, and Eset solutions would be a bonus.
- Experience with medium and large Wi-Fi networks including point to point Wi-Fi links.
- Exposure to PowerShell.
- Experience with bare metal restores and disaster recovery situations.
- VoIP Exposure.
- Good planning, follow through and documentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills as you will be dealing with customers in all positions from board level downwards.
- Capability to autonomously self-assign workloads and liaise with our service desk coordinator to schedule others as part of the team.
- The candidate must be well presented, and have good written and verbal English skills.
- Full UK valid driver's license.
- Recent Microsoft or industry certifications and a willingness to upgrade certifications and partake in continued personal development.
- Experience in using a PSA such as ConnectWise Manage and a RMM solution such as ConnectWise Automate (formally LabTech).
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.