Cyber Essentials Certification
KCS have achieved Cyber Essentials certification.
Our ongoing commitment to cyber security, sees KCS achieving certification to the UK government’s Cyber Essentials scheme.
Jointly developed by the UK government and cyber security industry, the Cyber Essentials scheme defines a baseline standard of security for businesses in the UK. It outlines the controls that all organisations should implement to help mitigate risks from common internet-based threats.
Cyber Essentials Certification requires:
- That you configure and use a firewall to protect all your devices, particularly those that connect to public or other untrusted Wi-Fi networks.
- That only necessary software, accounts and apps are used.
- That you control access to your data through user accounts, that administration privileges are only given to those that need them, and that what an administrator can do with those accounts is controlled.
- That you implement measures to defend against malware.
- That you keep your devices, software and apps up to date.
Our certification is part of our journey of continuous security improvement and adds a level of external, independent assurance that we’re doing all the right things to help protect our systems, services and data.