An exciting opportunity has arisen for a 3rd Line IT Support Engineer working in and around the beautiful English Lake District.
£26,000 – £30,000 Negotiable and commensurate with experience.
We are a company of ten employees who strive to look after both customers and staff whilst providing a large range of services covering managed services contracts, servers and network installations, wired & wireless networks, web design, hosting and digital marketing.
A managed services/ IT support company is a special type of company. Unlike a network administrator who may get to perform one network upgrade every three years, each of our third line engineers performs multiple network upgrade projects every year. It is essential that our senior IT people keep current with the latest Microsoft Server software and can complete these network projects on time and on budget.
Because of this there is a strong preference for candidates who have recently worked at a managed service company or have at least performed a recent Microsoft deployment of server products, Office 365, Exchange 2019/2016, Remote Desktop Services, Windows Server, SQL etc.
3rd Line IT Support Engineer Role Overview & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a talented third line engineer to primarily architect, install and support a wide range of servers and networks from small to medium sized businesses whilst keeping up to date with IT technologies and jointly lead the drive for technical knowledge within the engineering team.
Duties to include:
- Design, implementation and support of Windows Server infrastructures and associated networks / backup solutions including cloud solutions when required.
- Contract and ad-hoc incident/change support for our Cumbrian regional client base involving support to our clients via telephone, remote and on-site methods.
- Development of SLA contracts alongside the Services Manager both from an internal processes/documentation perspective and dealing with new client contract requests, yearly analysis of existing contracts and renewals.
- Ongoing development of LabTech and ConnectWise, our internal Remote Management & Monitoring and Helpdesk suites, regarding custom monitors, client security patching, ticket automation and integration between the systems.
3rd Line IT Support Engineer Technical Skills
- At least five years of Microsoft server level IT experience.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills that range from overall network diagnostics to Active Directory synchronisation and mail flow issues.
- Experience with Server 2012 R2/2016/19, Exchange 2019/16/13, Office 365, Remote Desktop Services, Hyper-V, Active Directory.
- Exposure to HP platforms and server hardware and hands on working knowledge of server hardware, RAID etc.
- IP network design including routing, VPN, firewalls, VLANs, DNS, DHCP. Good knowledge in one of the popular firewall brands – Draytek, Fortinet, Sonicwall, Cisco, etc.
- Experience in backup solutions, bare metal restores and disaster recovery.
- A working knowledge of PowerShell.
- Specific knowledge of Veeam, ShadowProtect, Datto and Eset solutions would be a bonus.
- Experience with medium and large Wi-Fi networks including point to point Wi-Fi links.
- Exposure to Cisco IOS and networking equipment
- SQL and VMWare exposure.
- Linux server management and maintenance.
- Good planning, follow through and documentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills as you will be dealing with customers in all positions from board level downwards.
- Capability to autonomously self-assign workloads and liaise with our service desk coordinator to schedule others as part of the team.
- The candidate must be well presented, and have good written and verbal English skills
- Full UK valid driver’s license
Microsoft or industry certifications and a willingness to upgrade certifications and partake in continued personal development.
How to apply
If you feel you have the skills and expertise to fit in and enhance our team of talented engineers, simply fill in the details and upload your cv to us and we will be in touch as soon as possible.