We are an established IT and Website Development Company nestled in the heart of the Lake District. KCS consists of a friendly and incredibly talented team based in a tardis-like-office in Keswick, with some pretty spectacular views of Skiddaw.
If you feel you may have the skills and expertise to fit in with our team of talented engineers, developers and designers, then please get in touch by completing the contact form below or emailing us your C.V.
An opportunity has arisen for a Third (3rd) Line IT support engineer working in and around the beautiful English Lake District.
We are a company of ten employees who strive to look after both customers and staff whilst providing a large range of services covering managed services contracts, servers and network installations, wired & wireless networks, web site design and hosting.
A managed services/ IT support company is a special type of company. Unlike a network administrator who may get to perform one network upgrade every three years, each of our third line engineers performs multiple network upgrade projects every year. It is essential that our senior IT people keep current with the latest Microsoft Server software and can complete these network projects on time and on budget.
Because of this there is a strong preference for candidates who have recently worked at a managed service company or have at least performed a recent Microsoft deployment of server products, Office 365, Exchange 2016/2013, Remote Desktop Services, Server 2012 R2, SQL etc.
Role Overview & Responsibilities
We are looking for a talented third line engineer to primarily architect, install and support a wide range of servers and networks from small to medium sized businesses whilst keeping up to date with IT technologies and jointly lead the drive for technical knowledge within the engineering team.
Duties to include:
- Design, implementation and support of Windows Server infrastructures and associated networks / backup solutions including cloud solutions when required.
- Contract and ad-hoc incident/change support for our Cumbrian regional client base involving support to our clients via telephone, remote and on-site methods.
- Development of SLA contracts alongside the Services Manager both from an internal processes/documentation perspective and dealing with new client contract requests, yearly analysis of existing contracts and renewals.
- Ongoing development of LabTech and ConnectWise, our internal Remote Management & Monitoring and Helpdesk suites, regarding custom monitors, client security patching, ticket automation and integration between the systems.
- At least five years of Microsoft server level IT experience.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills that range from overall network diagnostics to Active Directory synchronisation and mail flow issues.
- Experience with Server 2012 R2/2008, Exchange 2016/13/10, Office 365, Remote Desktop Services, Hyper-V, Active Directory, SBS 20011/2008.
- Exposure to HP platforms and server hardware and hands on working knowledge of server hardware, RAID etc.
- IP network design including routing, VPN, firewalls, VLANs, DNS, DHCP. Good knowledge in one of the popular firewall brands – Draytek, Fortinet, Sonicwall, Cisco, etc.
- Experience in backup solutions, bare metal restores and disaster recovery.
- A working knowledge of PowerShell.
- Specific knowledge of Veeam, ShadowProtect, Datto and Eset solutions would be a bonus.
- Experience with medium and large Wi-Fi networks including point to point Wi-Fi links.
- Exposure to Cisco IOS and networking equipment
- SQL and VMWare exposure.
- Linux server management and maintenance.
- Good planning, follow through and documentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills as you will be dealing with customers in all positions from board level downwards.
- Capability to autonomously self-assign workloads and liaise with our service desk coordinator to schedule others as part of the team.
- The candidate must be well presented, and have good written and verbal English skills
- Full UK valid driver's license
- Recent Microsoft or industry certifications and a willingness to upgrade certifications and partake in continued personal development.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience
We are searching for an apprentice with passion and enthusiasm to work within our existing IT and Web teams based in our Keswick office. Working with and learning from both the Webs Team and the IT Engineers, the apprentice will obtain a broad understanding of working life in a successful IT company. You will be given the opportunity to learn and develop web design/development skills and also general IT support skills.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in excelling in the IT / Webs industry, have excellent communication skills, be excited to learn new skills and be eager to experiment as the industry continues to evolve.
Duties to include
- Field incoming support queries from customers and log jobs into our internal helpdesk for the appropriate department.
- Assist and learn from the Webs Team:
o Handle customer support queries related to websites.
o Assist with website updates and maintenance.
o Interpret client briefs and convert design concepts into working websites.
- Assist and learn from the IT Engineers:
o Support a wide range of desktops, servers and networks from small to medium sized businesses.
o Fulfil ad-hoc domestic support when required.
- Ability to learn new skills and experiment with technologies.
- Capability to take direction as part of the team.
- Good communication skills: face-to-face, telephone and email.
- A knowledge of current HTML and CSS standards.
- Experience with recent Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems and platforms e.g. Windows 7/8/10, Office 365.
- Mobile device configuration for email on Android, iPhone, Windows Phone.
- Responsive Website Design – focusing on mobile devices.
- Able to use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator or similar design packages.
- Resolving cross browser design issues.
- Experience with Server Operating Systems and platforms, e.g. Server 2008/2012R2, SBS 2008/2011.
- Email marketing – using MailChimp or similar systems.
- Social networking, primarily Twitter and Facebook.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- PHP or other programming languages.
- Linux hosting solutions.
- Logo and brand design.
- Graphic design: brochures, business cards, leaflets and posters.